Single again this Valentines Day? Sick of seeing the stores littered with gushy cards, corny stuffed animals and cheap boxes of chocolates. This year skip the all too popular “single-ladies” events and loveless pity parties. Instead get together with your girl friends and your favourite glass of wine to rekindle your romance with your first love, dessert.
These decadent sweets will have you enchanted far beyond Valentines day and give you what no man can, pure bliss.
Ooey Gooey Chocolate Fantasy
This sexy chocolate cake is guaranteed to look better than any man you would’ve brought home tonight. It’s chocolate crumb crust and caramel pecan filling, topped with melted chocolate will keep you satisfied for days to come.
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups of chocolate wafer crumbs (approx. 38 wafers)
- 30 vanilla caramels
- 1/2 cup of caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- In a medium bowl, mix together chocolate wafer crumbs and melted butter. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes and then cool slightly on a wire rack
- In a medium saucepan melt caramels and caramel ice cream topping over low heat, stirring often. Mix in the first 1/4 cup of whipping cream. Remove from heat then stir in nuts and spread over crust. Once cool cover and chill for 1 hour.
- For topping: In a small saucepan, melt chocolate. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in remaining whipping cream. Then drizzle over caramel-pecan mixture. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Makes 12 servings.
Too-hot-to Handle Chocolate Cookie Truffles
These Chocolate Cookie Truffles will, easily be the most delicious thing anyone’s popping into their mouth this Valentines day. These fabulous little treats will make you feel like one hell of a chocolatier while adding a little heat to your night.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces of dark chocolate candy coating
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes
- Mix in milk and vanilla. Next stir in flour, cocoa, cinnamon, cayenne and salt and mix on a low speed until incorporated
- Cover and chill dough for 30 minutes until form enough to handle
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and arrange them on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Place sheets in the freezer for a minimum 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate candy coating in double boiler while making sure not to overheat. Using fork, dip truffles one at a time into candy coating to cover. Tap fork on the edge of the bowl to shake off excess coating and return truffles to baking sheets to set
- Use any leftover coating to decorate cooled truffles by transferring it into a piping/ squeeze bag. For contrasting drizzle melt approx. 1 ounce of light chocolate candy coating and drizzle it on top of the truffles.
Seductive Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
This Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake will remind you of what’s really important in life, chocolate. Not only is it luxurious but it has a not so dirty little secret, it’s just as great on the hips at it will be on the lips. It’s also faster to make than ever, so you can spend less time cooking and more time drinking wine and remembering how wonderful the single life really is.
- 1 box of chocolate fudge cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 large avocado (1/2 cup)
- 1 ¼ cups of non fat milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coffee creamer (preferred flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 12-cup budnt pan
- Add avocado to a large bowl. Beat on medium speed until large chunks are broken up.
- Add cake mix, eggs and milk and beat at medium speed until smooth (some lumps remain) about 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepped pan and bake for about 29 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Make sure to cool completely before removing from pan
- To make ganache, add creamer and chocolate chips to a microwavable cup or small bowl heating for about 1 minute. Whisk until chocolate is completely dissolved. Let cool to thicken.
- When ready to frost, turn cake out onto serving plate. Carefully drizzle ganache over cake and place in fridge to set.
These decadent desserts, are sure to drown out all the lovey-dovey crap this Valentines day. With chocolate in your mouth and wine in your veins remind yourself all that is glorious about being single. Make Valentines, this year about the ones who really matter, your girls.
For more chocolate recipes to make your toes curl this Valentines day visit http://www.midwestliving.com/food/desserts/chocolate-dessert-recipes/ or http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ingredients/chocolate-recipes/our-most-decadent-chocolate-desserts