By Jasmine Donovan-Barrett
Public Relations Student at Humber College | October 27, 2015
Want to look flawless like celebrities but have the budget of a broke college kid? I got you covered.
No matter what budget you have all divas deserve to look flawless! Being a financially unstable college student I understand the struggle of trying to look like Kim K on the budget of a waitress. With new makeup trends constantly arising it is hard to remain up-to-date with new products and not break the bank. Here are my 10 holy-grail drugstore makeup products that are just as great, if not better, than high-end makeup products.
- If you’re looking for mascara that lengthens and darkens your eyelashes like never before look no further. Being one of the pricier drug store products, averaging $10 to $15, L’Oréal Telescopic Mascara is worth every penny. This mascara combs through every eyelash and makes them look longer than you thought was possible.
- *DUPE ALERT* Substitute for Benefit They’re Real Mascara ($27 to $30)
Maybelline Lash Sensational Black Pearl Mascara
- Another mascara that has been sent from beauty heaven and has fallen into our hands for only $7 to $9. The best part of this mascara is the fact that it makes your eyelashes appear thicker and extremely black! It separates your eyelashes and gives them a doll eyed look.
Eyeliners and Eyebrows– Whether you are going for a full glam look or a quick fresh face, full natural looking eyebrows and eyeliner can add that extra glam to any look.
NYC Liquid Eyeliner
- Unlike most eyeliners that exist only to torture us, the NYC eyeliner has a fine felt tip and perfect formula that is not too runny but not to thick that glides on effortlessly all for $3.
- *DUPE ALERT* Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner ($23)
- With a variety of shades available this highly pigmented product is amazing! I find a little bit of this stuff goes a long way. Another great feature is that it lasts all day, even without eyebrow setting gel.
- *DUPE ALERT* Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Duo ($30)
Foundations and Concealers- Key to a flawless face is making sure your foundation matches your skin tone. There is nothing worse than a white body with an orange face.
L’Oréal Infallible 24hr Matte Foundation
- For a foundation that lasts all day, has full coverage, leaves your face with a matte finish and doesn’t cost more than $50, look no further. I absolutely swear by this product and not just because it averages about $14 to $18, but because it makes my skin look perfect in person and in pictures!! It is much cheaper than that you would pay for a high-end foundation that does the same thing.
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
- Coverage and consistency are the factors in making Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealers one of the best concealers on the market. For the days you wake up looking like death, this concealer brightens up and covers those under eye circles.
Powders– Good drugstore powders used to be so hard to find! Here are the top drugstore powders and bronzers.
Maybelline Fit Me Translucent Powder
- Applying makeup to your face without a powder to set the makeup should be a crime. The Maybelline Fit Me Translucent Powder is amazing not only because it ranges from $5 to $7, but also because it leaves my face with a flawless finish and helps my makeup stay in place, no creasing or makeup lines!
NYC Sunny Bronzer
- For the ultimate bronze or contour this NYC Sunny Bronzer is stunning. A fully pigmented bronzer that doubles as a contour powder for only $3.
Before and After Necessities
Hard Candy Perfecting Primer
- This primer is simply phenomenal. It extends the life of your makeup and makes your face the perfect canvas for makeup application. With an $8 price tag you can’t go wrong.
- *DUPE ALERT* Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($44)
Hard Candy Setting Spray
- When in drugstore make up doubt, Hard Candy it out! They used to be a high-end brand until they sold their selves exclusively to Walmart. The Hard Candy Setting Spray ($8) makes sure your makeup doesn’t move all day!! Highly recommended product!
- *DUPE ALERT* Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray ($36)
No matter how sad your budget may be it should not limit your makeup freedom. Now that you know my ten holy-grail drugstore makeup products, go out and try new products! Don’t be fooled by the price tag, many products are better than they appear to be! Let me know if you enjoyed these products as much as I did.
Your everyday makeup connoisseur,